LDI A&D | LDI Realty | LDI Utilities | Logan Homes
- Helms Port was crafted on a portion of the exquisite waterfront estate of the Emmart family who for five generations tilled its soil and delighted in its waters. This development is a product of relationship; for decades, our founder D Logan has known, fished with, and watched Wilmington grow alongside many of the family members of the Emmart Estate.
- These relationships helped bring to life one of the most unique communities Wilmington has seen in many years, boasting a true waterfront lifestyle, with a 75 slip marina, resort style pool, clubhouse and island-style living. This property was the last substantial tract of land left on the Wilmington coast that had direct access to the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Project funding consisted of private equity, private debt as well as the landowner taking an equity position in the partnership, rather than receiving all land proceeds up front.
Entitlement & Permitting:
- LDI was responsible for the 12 month process of forming partnerships, rezoning and taking on the formidable task of permitting an upland marina. LDI’s connections, determination and excellence brought to this development allowed our team to accomplish what most could not.
- LDI Utilities performed all civil contracting, managed the construction of the 75 slip marina, and installed all necessary infrastructure to bring 159 buildable lots to market.
- Our team began amenity and gated entrance construction at the onset of the development, ensuring the vision of the community was on full display right from the start.
- Logan Homes along with a handful of approved custom builders, hit the ground running with construction of one and two story single family homes with great success.
Sales and Marketing:
- Logan Real Estate oversaw the sales and marketing efforts. Helms Port was named Winner of 2017 Bliss Award for Best North Carolina Community of the Year.
Disposition of Asset:
- All single family homes were purchased direct by consumer who now enjoy all that the Helms Port lifestyle has to offer. This community sold out in 2 years, far outpacing original sales projections.
- The Emmart Family heritage is proudly woven throughout the fabric of Helms Port, including the naming of the neighborhoods after the granddaughters of Maurice Emmart, as well as a plaque near the Clubhouse to tell the story and history of this special Family land.
- By becoming a financial partner, the Emmart family enjoyed a significantly higher monetary gain than that of a traditional sale. More importantly, this partnership ensured that the family heritage of the land, was preserved with honor and legacy and will endure for many years to come.
Learn about upcoming opportunities
We had such a great experience with the whole building process. The design studio was so helpful in walking us through every step to ensure that we would love the finished product. Everyone from the sales team, design staff, closing department and contractors were such a pleasure to work with. We would definitely recommend Logan Homes to anyone who wants to build a home because the craftsmanship, process and team are just superb.
The quality of craftsmanship was superior to any other homes we had been looking at for the past three years. We love the screened porch and the cottage feel of our home. Will let anyone who asks us about moving to a new house know that Logan Homes are the best quality and workmanship of any home we have ever lived in.
Excellent staff and team to assist and provide us information when we were making our decision. After we decided to purchase a home in Helms Port the team was both gracious and considerate to address and answer any question we had prior and after our closing. Scott B. I live here and every day I pinch myself just to make sure I’m not dreaming. Love it, trying to keep it our little secret!